This week has one of the movies I’ve been looking forward to seeing for quite awhile now and just never got a chance when it was in theaters. Other than that, the releases aren’t spectacular, although there are some decent high-def titles.
Into The Wild
I read the book awhile ago because I wanted to get the real story on what happened to Christopher McCandless back in 1992-93. The book was outstanding, and I’ve heard nothing but great things about this film. It’s out on HD-DVD too, so I may pick that up just to see it in beautiful high-def.
My Kid Could Paint That
An interesting documentary on a child who paints some art that sells for a ton of money, and then the validity of the work is questioned. Michael Phillips, who guest hosted with Richard Roeper this week, called it the best documentary of 2007. If you get into docs, this might be one to rent.
- Things We Lost in the Fire – Halle Berry, Benicio Del Toro…heard it’s decent, but not really two actors I get thrilled to watch. At least…not Berry.
- Mrs. Doubtfire (Behind the Seams edition) – Really?
- The Love Boat: Season 1, Vol 1 – You Love Boaters can finally rest easy that it’s out on DVD.
- Aquarium Impressions (Navarre Corporation)
- Fireplace Impressions (Navarre Corporation)
- Into the Wild (Paramount)
- Mystic Forests (Navarre Corporation)
- No Reservations (Warner)
- Things We Lost in the Fire (DreamWorks)