One of my favorite parts of the Star Trek movies isn’t always the stories and characters, but the starships themselves. I think it stems from my love of building models as a kid. I believe I built about 3-4 different models of the USS Enterprise, although I’m pretty sure they all sucked.
Anyways, here are the main points from the article. Read the entire thing over at The Movie Blog.
- The USS Enterprise NCC-1701 will be a major presence in the movie that will start out being commanded by Captain Pike and then later by James Kirk.
- The movie is being described as Ã¢â‚¬Å“a starship adventureÃ¢â‚¬?
- A Romulan ship commanded by Nero (Eric Bana). Ship will not look like the traditional Romulan vessel.
- Spock arrives in the past flying a Vulcan 1 man time travel ship. HeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not a ghost as some sites have reported
- There is another Federation ship with a big role called the USS Kelvin. The first officer of that ship is George Kirk (Captian KirkÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s dad?)