Okay America, So You Think You Can Dance is coming to the end very soon. Will your Favorite Dancer be the last one standing? The show was only an hour long this week. Three couples performed along with 6 solos to win the heart of every wanna-be dancer in America (you know you secretly want to be on this show.) Adam Shankman was introduced along with Nigel Lythgoe, and Mary Murphy as judges. Last week America voted off Comfort and, in a big surprise, Will. To tell you the truth I was upset that Will was booted off instead of Mark. Let’s see if Mark used this chance to validate himself.
Courtney Galiano and Mark Kanemura
Courtney and Mark started off the show with a Viennese Waltz choreographed by Jason Gilkison. They danced to David Cook’s The Time of My Life. This was a very “pretty” dance, as most waltzs are. There’s not much to say about other than it was pretty. For me, waltzs seem to be very much a routine. They’re nice to look at, but there is no wow factor. Their next dance was a Jazz routine by Sonya Tayeh. This dance was perfect for Mark. I told you last week that his dance was “weird.” Well, Tayeh’s routine fit him like a glove. It was a burlesque love story and I’m guessing some will vote for Courtney simply because of the outfit she wore. It was a weird routine, but very awesome in it’s own way. Sonya Tayeh has a very unique style.
Song: â€œTime of My Lifeâ€ by David Cook
Jazz by Sonya Tayeh
Song: â€œThe Gardenâ€ by Mirah
Katee Shean and Joshua Allen
Joshua and Katee’s two styles were Contemporary and the Pasa Doble. They danced Contemporary first choreographed by Tyce DiOrio to All by Myself by Celine Dion. The lifts alone in the number is enough to get these two into the final four. Skip the next dance and their solos, they’re already in!!! The pasa doble wasn’t the equal to their first number, BUT it was awesome! I love this dance and they performed it very well.
Song: â€œAll By Myselfâ€ by Celine Dion
Paso Doble by Jason Gilkison
Song: â€œFiletâ€ from Le Reve (soundtrack)
Chelsie Hightower and Twitch
Chelsie and Twitch danced the Mambo and Hip-hop this week. Tony Meridith choreographed them to a Victor Manuel song. This dance was HOT! Chelsie can move those legs! She is really great at ballroom dancing. Their hip-hop routine was choreographed by Tabitha and Napoleon. It was to Janet Jackson’s Control performed by The Vitamin String Quartet. Chelsie looked like the lead in a vampire movie. This was a pretty sweet routine as well. It’s going to be hard to pick the rankings this week since everyone, even Mark, was fantastic! But of course I’ll give it the old college try.
Song: â€œAhora Me Toca a Miâ€ by Victor Manuel
Hip Hop by Napoleon and Tabitha
Song: â€œControlâ€ by the Vitamin String Quartet
Here is my ranking for the FINAL 6:
6. Mark – Mark did a very good job this week. Not so good that I think he deserves still being in the competition more than Will, so he’s on the bottom of my list.
5. Courtney – I have swayed back and forth on her being the bottom girl in the competition but in my opinion, Chelsie outshined her this week. She’s a wonderful dancer but it just seemed like she was tired of the whole thing and didn’t have any more to give.
4. Chelsie – Chelsie stepped it up this week. Her duets were great and her solo was amazing. She looks as if she’s determined to win this competition.
3. Katee – She is my top girl this week. Her duets with Joshua were out of this world crazy, slap your mama fantastic and her solo showed how great of a dancer she is.
2. Joshua & 1. Twitch – Both Joshua and Twitch have the least training but they’re both in my top two this week. They have got the passion I love in a dancer as well as the personality that shines through when they dance. Twitch is still my number one man because he does moves that make me wonder how the heck he got his body to move that way. It’s as if he’s one of those slap bracelets we use to have back in the 80′s. One little motions and he’s in a totally different position than when he started.
*On a side note. The sharing of the grill between Twitch and Cat was seriously nauseating.
The finale is next week and tickets for the tour goes on sale on Saturday August 8th. Let’s see if I’m right or totally off like I was when Will was voted off last week.
AnaDVR is an aspiring human television recording machine who enjoys watching good looking people dance on reality television programs while slowly being eliminated and never heard from again. She is also one of Pop Criticâ€™s top commentors and can be found lurking on pages all over the site, leaving brief comments like little nuggets of information everywhere she goes.